When you are looking for a new family dentist, you are making a decision to trust your family’s health . . . and this is a decision that should not be taken lightly! While you searching the internet for dentists to take either your kids or yourself to, you need to be prepared with a list of questions that the dentist office needs to answer. In order to help you know what questions to ask, we’ve compiled a list of 8 comprehensive questions that, based on how each dentist office answers them, will guide you to the perfect family dentist for you.
Before breaking down each question, here’s the quick list of the 8 questions you should ask when choosing a family dentist:
- Does the dentist office have a good reputation with treating children?
- Is the dentist office able to take care of any and all teeth problems if they arise?
- Does the dentist office offer holistic dental services, like braces?
- Do the dentists participate in continual education?
- Can the dentist office serve me if I have a tooth emergency?
- Does the dentist office use modern/advanced technology in their office?
- How far is the dentist office from your home?
- Has the dental office been in community for a long time?
1. Does the dentist office have a good reputation with treating children?
This question may be obvious, but you want to make sure that the dentist has a good reputation for taking care of other families. You can figure this out pretty quickly by reading their reviews! Visit the dental office’s Google Business page and see what other people have to say!
2. Is the dentist office able to take care of any and all teeth problems if they arise?
You never want to think about worse case scenarios when it comes to your teeth, but we all know that things happen. When you have problems with root canals, wisdom teeth, dentures, or fillings, you want your dentist to be able to handle all of those issues! The last thing you want to do is to have to call around to many other “specialists” to see when they have an opening. It’s best to have a dentist that can spot and then treat any problem that you may have with your teeth.
3. Does the dentist office offer holistic dental services, like braces?
Generally, when you or your teen needs braces, they will provide you a few recommendations on orthodontists in your area, but did you know that there are some dentists that also provide orthodontist work? In other words, some dentists make sure your teeth are healthy, but they can also fix your smile with braces! Most dentists do not provide orthodontic work, but if you can find a dentist that can and has a reputation to back up their orthodontic work, that’s a win-win!
4. Do the dentists participate in continual education?
A sign of a great dentists is that they are always learning. Do you know if your dentist is engaging in continual education? Generally, when dentists sit on committees or boards, they are required to keep up with the latest technology and good practices for your teeth. Before you hitch your wagon to a dentists for life, make sure that they are always wanting to improve their understanding and practice!
5. Can the dentist office serve me if I have a tooth emergency?
When you crack a tooth, lose a filling, or are dealing with intense jaw pain, can your dentists find space for you to get in quickly and efficiently? It’s a good question that you need to know before choosing a family dentists.
6. Does the dentist office use modern/advanced technology in their office?
Is your dentist able to keep up with the latest technology and studies that come out in the dental space in order to serve you and your family better?
Many dentist offices incorporate modern and advanced technology to enhance patient care and streamline procedures. Examples of such technologies include digital X-rays, intraoral cameras, and computer-aided design and manufacturing systems. These technologies enable dentists to diagnose and treat dental issues more efficiently and accurately.
But does your dentist office use and take advantage of these technologies? Make sure they do!
7. How far is the dentist office from your home?
You live a busy life, and the last thing you need is to have a dentist far from home. Based on where you life, you should find a dentist that is close enough to your home, school, and work so that you don’t have waste time in the car!
8. Has the dental office been in community for a long time?
When choosing a dentist for your family, you want to make sure that they will be around for many years to come. One sure sign of a great dentist is that they have been in their respected communities for a long time! Another great sign is that the dentist office is growing to include more locations so serve more people in that community! Not a dental chain that loves to have a location in every community, but you should trust a small-town family dental office that is adding locations to it’s dental office family. This is a great sign of trust and likability of the dental office in the community.
So who should you choose for your family dentist?
As you are picking a dentist for your family, you want to make sure that each of these questions are able to be answered and answered well.
Well, guess what? Topping Dental Group is able to answer “YES” to all of these questions!
- All three Topping Dental Group locations have great reviews online!
- All three dentists that are at each of the Topping Dental Group locations are trained and certified in all areas of teeth and mouth health!
- Topping Dental Group not only offers braces, but we also offer Invisalign, offering your family a wholistic dental experience.
- All three dentists engage in both continual education and advanced training seminars in order to stay ahead of the curve in the dental space.
- Topping Dental Group is able to fit you into any location if a tooth emergency comes up. Although we ask that you choose one Topping Dental Location to be your specific location, we can send you to another location in an emergency.
- Topping Dental Group offers dentures, implant restorations, night guards, braces & orthodontic work, root canals, and veneers.
- Topping Dental Group has three convenient locations: Nappanee, Elkhart, and Middlebury
- Dr. Brian Topping has been serving the Michiana community since 2002 and has since opened up two more locations and added Dr. Swihart and Dr. Jakubowicz (“Dr. J.”) to better serve the community.
So as you are looking for a new family dentist office to call your own, we definitely suggest that you choose the closest Topping Dental Group location from your home, and let us start serving your family’s dental needs today!
Choose your location: